- Job Opening - Idaho Smart Growth Executive Director
- Idaho Smart Growth is seeking an experienced, talented and ...
- New Idaho Smart Growth Publication: Area of City Impact: A Tool Kit of Guidelines and Resources
- As Idaho continues to grow, it must grow in a way that ...
- Welcome new board members and officers!
- Idaho Smart Growthis pleased to announce the addition of ...
Idaho Smart Growth works to ensure all Idahoans have effective, efficient, and affordable transportation choices.
Today, about one-quarter of Americans get the recommended amount of exercise. Yet we continue to build our communities in ways that discourage, rather than encourage, active transportation – the simplest way to get everyday physical activity.
Idaho Smart Growth believes that the design and creation of community settings in which physically active choices—especially walking, bicycling, and transit use—are actually the safer, more convenient, less expensive, and more appealing choices for increasing numbers of citizens.
We help communities throughout Idaho implement Safe Routes to School, Complete Streets, and other policies that create transportation choices for all of us.
How you can help?
- Sign up for our Idahoans for Transportation Choices email updates
- Sponsor a training or presentation: contact DeannaATidahosmartgrowth.org
- Volunteer: contact AndreaATidahosmartgrowth.org
- Support our work: http://idahosmartgrowth.org/index.php/support/
Videos on “Thinking of Streets as Public Land and Public Space”- http://www.youtube.com/user/Idahosmartgrowth
Idaho Smart Growth, through funding from the Idaho Department of Transportation and the Blue Cross of Idaho Foundation for Health, Inc., has compiled a review of city policies relating to Safe Routes to Schools and published a guide on Safe Routes to Schools Best practices in Idaho. If you would like a hard copy of the Best Practices, call our office at 208-333-8066 to arrange a time to pick one up.
More resources: http://idahosmartgrowth.org/index.php/resources/